FERTILIZE MY LAWN
LAWN FERTILIZER SERVICE
College Lawn Care & Snow Removal understands that Fertilization is an essential part of a comprehensive lawn care plan. Not only is a well-fertilized lawn healthier and greener, but it is also far better at preventing weed infestation, disease, and drought. As a bonus, healthy properties give back to the environment by producing oxygen, cooling the air during hot weather, and trapping and absorbing urban dust and pollution.
WHICH FERTILIZER DO YOU NEED?
With your lawn’s nutrition in mind, College Lawn Care – Dubuque, IA recommends our proprietary 65 percent slow-release, granular fertilizer. Our premium, golf course quality mixture feeds your lawn gradually. By gradually fertilizing your yard will allow the grass to be nourished over an extended period; up to 8 weeks. By slowly nurturing the grass, it’s unlikely to damage the grass from quick-release products.
Our exclusive, high-quality blend is made from naturally occurring ingredients that aid in plant growth, keep grass looking green and healthy, assist in root development, and increase winter hardiness and resistance to disease and drought.
THERE ARE TWO ADVANTAGES TO SLOW-RELEASE NITROGEN:
- The nitrogen is made available to the plant as the plant needs it, over eight weeks. With a fast-release fertilizer, it’s either feast or famine for the plant.
- Gradual Fertilization is more efficient and less product is wasted.
- College Lawn Care in Dubuque, IA’s fertilizer program will feed your lawn 3 – 8 times a year at approximately 6 – 10 week intervals (depending on your location).
- We use only the highest quality products, which have been specially developed for home lawns. College’s proprietary fertilizer contains a small percentage of fast-release fertilizer that is immediately available to your lawn. Larger quantities of slow-release nitrogen will become available to the yard as required. Our fertilizer blend also contains phosphorus, potassium and soil conditioners.
- When All of this is Combined with proper mowing, watering, Core Aeration and Weed Control (and in the absence of disease and insect problems), Fertilization will provide a healthy lawn all season long.
Choosing the Right Fertilizer
Choosing the right fertilizer service for your lawn care routine depends on your environment, your lawn goals, and the dedication you have to upkeep for your lawn. One of the crucial choices you must make in your lawn care regimen is choosing the correct type of fertilizer for use.
Before you can look at the needs of your lawn to choose a formula, you first have to decide whether to use liquid lawn fertilizer or granular fertilizer. There are quite a few factors that come into play when deciding between liquid and granular, but here at Simple Lawn Solutions, we’ll break it down to make the decision easy for you, and your lawn care regimen!